Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Method #6





I chose these videos because they really made me stop and think about how fast technology is changing and how students are learning differently. I can see with my own kids how reading a book is something they would pick as a last option. They would perfer to watch a video or listen to a podcast instead of reading, or create a video or presentation instead of writing a report. I think libraries need to realize that the future is not about hard copy books. We have to be open to new ideas. But at the same time I know we have to have some kind of control over content in a school setting.
One thing I dislike about you tube is there are so many videos to sort through. I get drawn in and start watching videos that are not related to what I was looking for. I do think there are videos out there that students could use and learn from, especially on teacher tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment