Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

Method # 8

I like social networking sites. I originally setup a Myspace account a few yeaars ago to prove to my kids how easy it was for someone to see everything on their pages. Now, I mainly use Facebook to keep in touch with my friends and to find long lost classmates. I am concerned about privacy, especially with the recent change Facebook made where you have to select your privacy settings again. I'm afraid a lot of people will just ignore that message and post/pictures will be available that they really didn't want to be.

I think you definitely would want to keep your personal account separate from a library account. But I think a libray account could be used to reach your target audience. I don't see my library having a Facebook page for a while, just because I work in a public high school and the wheels of change are turning slow in allowing access on school computers. The funny thing is a majority of students can access their accounts from their cell phones while at school. So a library account could reach a lot of students.

No comments:

Post a Comment